The Big Sky Country MLS provides statistical reports on the residential housing market in the Southwest Montana region based on the properties entered into the Big Sky Country MLS database. Reports are posted on or around the 15th of each month and provide a detailed summary of everything that occurred in the MLS for the month prior. Data reporting only covers Residential properties - specifically Single Family, Condominiums, and Townhouses.
- LOCAL MARKET UPDATES provide individual graphs and charts for 18 areas of Southwest Montana. Key metrics include criteria like the number of new listings for the month, pending sales as of the day the figures are pulled, closed sales for the month, days on market, median sales price, and more! Each metric is compared to the previous years figures from the same month; year-to-date figures are also included in the same comparison. Finally, a rolling 12-month calculation is included for the median sales price of Single Family Homes and Condominiums. The chart for these figures shows how the individual area matches up against Gallatin County*.
*Park, Beaverhead, Madison, Jefferson, Broadwater, and Sweet Grass Counties are considered individual areas in the MLS and are included in the comparison graphs with Gallatin County. Please take this into account when viewing the 12-month calculation.
- MONTHLY INDICATORS* show historical sparkbar charts of the same key metrics used in the Local Market Update reports based on a 2 year summary. Monthly Indicator reports include an additional metric - the Housing Affordability Index. This measures median household income relative to the income needed to purchase a median-priced home. Also included in this report is an overview of all the Residential property types listed in our MLS (Single Family, Condo, Townhouse, Mobile/Manufactured, and Detached Condominiums).
- HOUSING SUPPLY OVERVIEWS* dig deep into the information provided in both the Local Market Updates and Monthly Indicators. It uses some of the more important metrics used in the other reports and determines where the strongest sales are based on price range, bedroom count, and property type.
- QUARTERLY INDICATORS* show all the same statistical information as the Monthly Indicator reports but are released every 3 months.
* The Housing Supply Overview, Monthly Indicator, and Quarterly Indicator reports are only available for Gallatin County.
Market Watch statistical reporting started in October of 2016 (Housing Supply Overviews were added in November). No reports are available on our website for any previous month. Big Sky Country MLS subscribers have access to many more statistical reports that measure MLS market activity in Southwest Montana. Ask your REALTOR® for more information.